Pre Pre-School Educating

Now that we have turned off our cable I though, hmmm, I should find something to fill our day, something beneficial to occupy the babies. So I found a free pre-school curriculum. Its called A-Letter-A-Day, however there is a 26 week preparatory curriculum based on themes. I didn't like the themes very much, so I chose my own themes. I still use the same idea though. Every week we will learn about a new letter, theme, number, color and vocab word, and all but the color will coordinate with one another. This week we are learning about the letter A, Food, One, Red, and Apple. I am also including a poem or nursery rhyme that matches the theme. It was so much fun making the learning poster. I will post pictures very soon. I know I keep promising pictures and haven't come through yet, but I promise soon. Anyhow, as part of the lesson plan I took Michael by himself with me grocery shopping, and arranged a sitter for Meghan. It was, what shall I say. . . Ummm. . . Interesting. We will definitely have to do some review. Josh says that I'm going to end up wanting to home school the babies if I continue. I'm not so sure yet. Don't get me wrong I love being in control of what my kids are learning, and being with them all day. But on the other hand, I still really want to work and not use my really expensive degree to its full potential. Maybe God will change my heart. Ultimately I want to do what He wants me to do, I know that is the only way to achieve anything.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments