Jalapeño Bites

We have a friend, Ashley, visiting with us from North Carolina, on a sort of a business trip. She has been super excited about having the opportunity to "work the farm" with her husbands grandparents lately, since she has not had much luck with finding employment in NC. Anyhow, she was explaining that her and the grandmother have been playing around with some peppers that they have been harvesting. Of course I started to feel jealous because our garden has yielded nothing but one butternut squash. We germinated the seeds in our basement and planted them outside in the heat and rain too soon. And because we didn't think that anything was going to grow we lazily allowed our garden to be overrun by weeds. Sorry, I digress, back to the Jalapeño peppers. The grandmother, by the way, who goes by Elsie(we will call her Miss Elsie) showed my wonderful friend how to make Jalapeño bites. Last night I learned Miss Elsie's recipe, and it was spectacular. It was so simple, and quick, I would not change it at all. And now I will share it with you.

Jalapeño Bites
Ingredients
-As many Jalapeño Peppers as you want(I believe we used a pound)
-1 to 2 8oz blocks of regular cream cheese
-1lb of bacon

Directions
-Halve and remove seeds from the peppers
-Fill peppers with cream cheese
-Cut bacon into pieces about the size of the peppers(Note: it is much easier to cut the bacon with kitchen shears)
-Top cream cheese filled pepper with bacon
-Bake for 10 minutes on 350 degrees
-Broil for another 5 minutes

You may have to adjust the broil time depending on the size of the bacon strips. These were seriously so good that I think I might use them as baby shower appetizers.

posted under |

2 comments:

Liz said...

I make these all the time! I could eat a hundred of them!!!

Crystal said...

Me too!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments