Peach Cobbler

Just about every Friday night me and Josh and two other couples get together, most of the time at our house, for dinner. One couple will bring the entrée, one couple will provide the sides, and the last couple will provide a dessert. These Friday night dinners have become like the nostalgic family dinners that our parents and grandparents used to have before their families separated and everyone moved in different directions. Its really nice to have a group of great people so close by that seem so much like family. But anyways, this Friday was not my turn to make the main dish. However, it was my turn to make dessert. Yay! I got a break. . . Kind of. I still felt it necessary to make things hard on myself. Instead of taking the easy way out and just making a pan of brownies, I decided to make peach cobbler. I mean why not, Its summer, and why shouldn't I take advantage of those ripe peaches. Plus, these dinners are our excuses for experimentation. So I made a slightly more healthy peach cobbler. It is what I will call whole wheat peach cobbler.

Ingredients:
-Eight peaches
-2 1/2 Tablespoons honey
-1/2 cup butter
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-3/4 cup milk

Instructions:
1. Peal and slice peaches
2. Preheat over to 350 degrees with 9X13 containing the butter in the oven
3. Mix slices with honey
4. In separate bowl combine the rest of the ingredients
5. After the oven is preheated and the butter has melted pour the peaches in the dish and spoon the topping over the peaches.
6. Bake for 45 minutes and serve immediately, otherwise you may have to bake it for another 10 minutes right before you serve it (thats what I did)

We ended up eating it with vanilla and caramel ice cream. It was fabulous. The cobbler even influenced one of our friends to question experimenting with wheat flour. Yay, wheat flour-1, white flour-0. Sorry, just in case you can't tell I love wheat flour, it makes me feel responsible, in a weird way.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments