Day Dreamer

Yesterday, during a nap that Josh let me have, I had the strangest, maybe one of the saddest dreams that I've had in a long time. In my dream my grandfather was still alive. He was telling someone in my family something, perhaps giving his advise, I don't exactly remember. Anyhow, I do remember the desperate, exasperated, very sad look on his face though. He said, "No one is going to listen to me, no one is going to remember what I said." And then I turned toward him and cradled his face in my hands. As I looked at him straight into his eyes I told him, "I will remember what you said." Then I leaned in and kissed him on his forehead. I was confused and emotionally drained for the rest of the day. Anyone who knows me knows how much my grandfather meant to me. He was an amazing man. A man with faults just like anyone else, but still a very amazing man who will always be the closest thing to a father figure in my life. I'm not sure what this dream meant, or if it meant anything at all. Maybe, it was just my imagination going crazy, who knows. But I think I will try to remember what that man taught me, perhaps it will mean something later.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments